PR & Communications Manager
At Freetrade, we’re building the world’s greatest investment platform. Rather than traditional VC funding, Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube, meaning our investors are our users and our community, which now stands at 60,000 people strong!
We’re building a new culture around investing: fresh, customer-first and accessible. We are poised to grow to a customer base of 100,000 people very soon, but we’re only getting started. This is an exciting time for a hands-on, savvy person to come on board and have a large impact on how we tell our story.
You'll work within the Customer Growth team: a small, unique group behind Freetrade’s impressive pre-launch growth. You'll be our first dedicated full-time person focusing on telling our story through earned media. You will report to our Chief Marketing Officer.
In your first twelve months at Freetrade, you will:
- Discover and investigate the stories, data, and trends around Freetrade and our community.
- Understand Freetrade's potential relationships with a diverse set of journalists, bloggers, podcasters, and drawing on your prior experience at PR agencies, help develop the stories relevant to them.
- Work with the key people on the Freetrade team, to bring out their individual voices and to successfully pitch their commentary.
- Work with our internal teams, e.g. engineering, to define messaging for features and product updates, and write content and press releases to support launches.
- Help create one of the most modern growth functions a fintech startup can wish for, with storytelling and data at its core.
Our work culture prioritises ownership, speed, and care, and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions.
- Stock options. 🚀We benchmark them to those of Silicon Valley startups. Read: you'll get meaningful equity.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube. The benefits of this versus traditional VC funding are:
- Your stock options are much more likely to be valuable - there are no special rights for investors to be paid before employees.
- We have more flexibility in how we take our product to market and build out our team.
- We have 3,000+ investors and 70,000+ customers on a waiting list without any traditional marketing spend - people really, really want Freetrade. We have just started the rollout!
We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you..