Head of Compliance
Freetrade are building the go-to investment app for the internet generation in Europe. We’re the top contender for this huge untapped area in fintech. Your work will touch the lives of hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of users.
With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, we're a growing team poised to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And that's just the start.
As a regulated firm we have significant compliance responsibilities, and are looking for an ambitious and driven Head of Compliance that can lead and build a motivated, robust team that is fit for a challenger stockbroker.
In your career so far you will have:
- 8+ years of experience in the industry
- Demonstrated deep experience in a financial services compliance role, having previously either acted as a CF10 at a small/medium sized company, or reported directly to the CF10 at a larger company
- Developed new compliance processes and controls, or substantially enhanced existing ones
- Learnt when to involve external advisors to supplement your own knowledge, and how to coordinate them to deliver meaningful results
- Worked with the FCA and other regulators, and be confident in your interactions with them particularly during times of crisis
- Obtained a relevant legal or financial professional qualification
- £60,000 to £90,000, combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube. The benefits of this versus traditional VC funding are:
- Your stock options are much more likely to be valuable - there are no special rights for investors to be paid before employees.
- We have more flexibility in how we take our product to market and build out our team.
- We have 3,000+ investors and 70,000+ customers on a waiting list without any traditional marketing spend - people really, really want Freetrade. We have just started the rollout!
We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.