Freetrade are building the go-to investment app for the internet generation in Europe. We’re the top contender for this huge untapped area in tech - a new kind of stockbroker, one that has more in common with disruptive tech companies than traditional financial services. Your work will touch the lives of hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of users.
With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, we're a growing team poised to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And that's just the start.
As a regulated firm we have significant compliance responsibilities, and are looking for an ambitious and driven Compliance Analyst to help us build a new stockbroker that is compliant, ethical and cares about our customers.
We use technology to innovate on everything from how a client is on-boarded to how we monitor compliance with our regulatory obligations. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with a strong compliance background and interest in tech to be a key player on a team set on changing investing forever.
About the role:
You will play a key role in the compliance function, working in conjunction with finance, engineering, and operations to develop and maintain all critical systems and controls.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the Head of Compliance in building out a robust Risk and Compliance function
- Helping develop, improve and automate our onboarding process
- Working closely with Engineering and Customer Operations to embrace new tools and processes that improve the customer experience
- Advising on new products and features, and working with key stakeholders to ensure their compliance with regulation
- Dealing regularly with our regulators, relevant technology service providers and regulatory consultants.
- Setting a culture where treating customers fairly and being proactive about our regulatory obligations is core to the company we are building.
- You are a compliance professional that wants to make an impact with the work you do. The opportunity to help build our company and embed a culture of doing the right thing truly excites you. That’s because you know we can serve customers better than old-fashioned brokers and open up investing to a new generation of investors.
- You'll have proven financial services compliance experience - at least 2 years at a top tier legal, accountancy or consultancy firm, or at a UK stockbroker.
- Entrepreneurial, loves technology, and excited to work cross-functionally.
- Up-to-date with current laws and regulations, with intimate knowledge of the FCA handbook and client asset sourcebook (CASS).
- Ideally with relevant professional qualifications (i.e. CISI certifications) or previous experience.
- Up to £40,000, combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth tech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.