Senior Product Designer
We're Freetrade, making investing accessible to everyone. We've built a beautiful app to invest in real shares, with zero commissions or fees.
Our mission is to build a totally new culture around investing: innovative, customer-first and universally accessible. With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, we're a growing team poised to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And that's just the start.
2019 is going to see us scale - and fast. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer, to help shape the future of our product experience.
As a Senior Product Designer at Freetrade, you will be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process.
You will drive our shared vision & north star, setting a world class creative direction. We don't expect you to manage designers, but you will inspire the people around you, be a thought leader and mentor to other product designers who will learn from you and your experiences.
We’re fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. You will conceive, design and ship new products and features that will excite our customers and make their financial lives better.
Over the next 12 months you will…
- Set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate
- Work across multiple teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and the business to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Create multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you. You’re able to take people along on the journey with you
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company
- You deeply care about our users and want to blow their mind with an app experience they would never expect from a financial services product
We use a suite of tools including Figma, Marvel, Principle, Overflow to name just a few usual suspects. We’re also quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you’ll be more than welcome to contribute anything you’ve used before.
We pride ourselves on our transparency, collaboration, and ownership. Our culture prioritises speed, care, and effectiveness - and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions.
- Competitive salary, combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Shoreditch (read: leafy & green). There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth tech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.