Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Job title: Senior Software Engineer - Growth
Location: Spitalfields, London
Start date: 15 January 2019
Closing date: 12 February 2019
We’re building the world’s greatest investment platform, with a tech stack to match. Rather than traditional VC funding, Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube - meaning our investors are our users and our community.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team, in our brand new 'Growth' vertical. You’ll be one of the first engineers to develop our Freetrade's web products, while evolving our architecture and taking ownership of the design and development of core features. Plus, you’ll raise the bar for best practices and help us hire a world-class team with a brilliant engineering culture.
- Strong front-end engineering background with back-end experience.
- Experience building web products, platform work, and app code.
- Experience hiring and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Ideally a computer science degree and 5+ years of experience.
- £60,000 to £75,000, combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth tech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.