Senior Software Engineer
At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s the single best way to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that. We're a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone through a beautifully designed, intuitive mobile app.
We’re making it simple to put your money to work in the companies you believe in. And behind the app, we’re building all the technology and infrastructure from the ground up.
Our team is growing fast, and now we're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join, to evolve our architecture and own design and development of core features.
- We hire in a language-agnostic way, so whatever your skillset we're happy to hear from you - you can check out our current stack here: https://stackshare.io/freetrade
- You’re team-oriented, keen to share your knowledge and open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback
- You build clean, performant, tested and maintainable code
- You’re product-minded and understand the tradeoffs between quality and delivering fast
- You’re a strong communicator and thrive working cross-functionally with disciplines from operations to design and growth to finance
- You love to learn new skills and want to develop your existing ones to maximise your potential
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
What you'll do in your first twelve months at Freetrade:
- Own the design and development of non-trivial features
- Develop a deep understanding of multiple parts of our stack as well as the processes and technologies relevant to our tech space
- Help raise the bar for our team by contributing to best practices, automation, documentation, and hiring
- Write well-tested software that has few regressions
- Support operational excellence and make measurable improvements to our support processes
About our stack:
We use serverless technologies such as Firebase, Cloud Composer, and Stackdriver, to build a reliable and performant platform with a small team. We use the real-time database, cloud functions and other features like pub/sub to provide a frictionless investment platform. We’re language-agnostic, as we’re focused on finding amazing software engineers who are passionate about what they do.
You can read about our engineering interview process here. Our work culture prioritises speed, care and effectiveness and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions
A salary of £60,000-75,000, plus equity.
We pride ourselves on our transparency, collaboration, and ownership. Our culture prioritises speed, care, and effectiveness - and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions. You’ll have a stake in the company you’re building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies (not Europe), so your equity will be truly meaningful.
We also support you with a range of extra perks, including top-end health and life insurance for you and the family, flexible working options, an understanding of what it means to be a working parent, opportunities for learning and development, team lunches and socials, company trips away - and more! Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields, with an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day - and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
Our product should be influenced by a range of unique perspectives to ensure it’s attractive and accessible to all. It’s important that we build a diverse team that’s representative of the world around us - so we encourage those from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.