Head of Product
Freetrade is a next-generation investment tech startup, bringing free stock investing to the UK and Europe for the first time ever. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
Our mission is to build a totally new culture around investing: innovative, customer-first and universally accessible. With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, we're a growing team poised to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And that's just the start.
We are on the hunt for an ambitious and creative-minded Head of Product who has exceptional experience building and leading product teams for elite mobile applications. You will work together with extraordinary designers and engineers to create something new that will blow up the world of investing. The product you’ll help to build and shape will touch millions of users and open up investing to a new generation.
As our Product leader you will:
- Lead our product strategy and product management in its entirety.
- Own the product roadmap and backlog of work, prioritising the team's work so everyone is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Gain a deep understanding of the problems that you face through research and regular interaction with our customers.
- Define and frame customer problems for the team, including writing beautiful user stories.
- Scope solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as possible.
- Motivate a group of brilliant people to do the best work of their careers.
- You will have years of experience developing fantastic, well-known mobile products, including leading cross-functional product teams of designers, engineers and researchers.
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them.
- Able to help others make decisions by being persuasive, but you will still be comfortable working independently and making decisions without a consensus.
- Experience combining quantitative customer data, customer interviews and research to inform decisions to help products and services reach that next level of excellence.
- Able to think deeply about product design decisions and understanding how to create simple user interfaces.
- Understand the technical architecture of complex mobile applications.
- Ideally, you will have some domain expertise in financial investing, whether through previous projects or personal interest in investing and trading.
- A competitive salary combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth tech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.