Freetrade is a next-generation investment tech startup, bringing free stock investing to the UK and Europe for the first time ever. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
Our mission is to build a totally new culture around investing: millennial-friendly, innovative, customer-first and universally accessible. With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, we're a growing team poised to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And that's just the start.
We’re looking for a Product Designer with knowledge of creating experiences that delight users. We’re fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. You will be one of the early designers at the company so your work will really have a massive impact. You will conceive, design and ship new products and features that will excite our customers and make their financial lives better.
- You have experience with end-to-end product design from inception to delivery.
- You have experience designing consumer focused, native apps. You know the ins and outs of iOS and Android.
- You are highly creative, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- You are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to take people along on the journey with you.
- You have a high level of competency with relevant creative tools (Sketch, Principle, Adobe suite etc.)
- You deeply care about our users and want to blow their mind with an app experience they would never expect from a financial services product.
- We’re an early stage start-up and you’ll be designing lots of fun things.
What you'll work on:
- Pushing on from our MVP iOS app, you'll work on features such as portfolio insights, ISAs, discovery collections and US trading.
- Play a key role in getting the first version of our Android app released.
- Diving into the problem space of getting the next generation of investors using Freetrade.
- Conducting user research and coming up with actionable insights.
- Developing our design system and tooling.
We use a suite of tools including Sketch, Marvel, Principle and Adobe After Effects to name just a few usual suspects. We’re also quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you are more than welcome to contribute any tools you have used before. Check out our brand to see what you'll be working with.
- Stock options. 🚀We benchmark them to those of Silicon Valley startups. Read: you'll get meaningful equity.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube. The benefits of this versus traditional VC funding are:
- Your stock options are much more likely to be valuable - there are no special rights for investors to be paid before employees.
- We have more flexibility in how we take our product to market and build out our team.
- We have 3,000+ investors and 70,000+ customers on a waiting list without any traditional marketing spend - people really, really want Freetrade. We have just started the rollout!
We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you..