Lead iOS Engineer
We’re building the world’s greatest investment platform, with a tech stack to match. Rather than traditional VC funding, Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube - meaning our investors are our users and our community.
Our existing app allows users to track their waitlist position, and make investments for free. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead iOS Engineer to come on board, and take full ownership of iOS development at Freetrade. You will help define improvements to our existing offering as well as help define how we implement more features for our extensive user base.
- You’ll have strong experience building and shipping consumer facing apps used by thousands of people. You care about quality, code craft and solving difficult problems.
- You are hands-on, collaborative and adaptable. You’re eager to work with new technologies and also learn more about investment and fintech.
- Our stack comprises a mix of technologies but you should have superb ability and experience with Swift.
- You'll own the continued design and development of the iOS app. You'll drive best practice for iOS development and work with Android engineers to improve client engineering as a whole.
- You’ll collaborate with growth, operations and, most of all, design to build and iterate a best-in-class product. You'll also contribute to our engineering process across the wider team, ensuring the best possible experience for our users.
- Our work culture prioritises speed, care and effectiveness and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions.
- £75,000 to £90,000, combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube. The benefits of this versus traditional VC funding are:
- Your stock options are much more likely to be valuable - there are no special rights for investors to be paid before employees.
- We have more flexibility in how we take our product to market and build out our team.
- We have 3,000+ investors and 70,000+ customers on a waiting list without any traditional marketing spend - people really, really want Freetrade. We have just started the rollout!
We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.