Senior Android Engineer
Freetrade is a next-generation investment tech startup, bringing free stock investing to the UK and Europe for the first time ever. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
Our mission is to build a totally new culture around investing: innovative, customer-first and universally accessible. With over £4m in funding so far and as the most overfunded company ever on Crowdcube, we're a growing team poised to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investments market. And that's just the start.
Our existing app allows users to track their waitlist position, and make investments for free. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Android Engineer to come on board to define improvements to our existing offering and define how we implement more features for our extensive user base.
In your first twelve months at Freetrade, you will:
- Work with our existing Android engineers to define best practice for Android development and work with iOS engineers to improve client engineering as a whole.
- Own the design and development of multiple features.
- Develop a deep understanding of Android codebase and the domain knowledge relevant to our product.
- Help raise the bar for our team by contributing to best practices, automation, documentation, and hiring.
- Support operational excellence for the Android client ensuring regressions are root caused and do not reoccur.
- Our work culture prioritises speed, care and effectiveness and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions.
- £60,000 to £75,000, combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth tech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.